Sunday, June 23, 2013

Cleaning Up My Act starting today!

Hi there....

Never blogged before.....so essentially just testing how this works....this blog is more for me than anyone else.....I want to journal a challenge I've made with myself and a few friends...30 days of nothing but CLEAN eating! As a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, I have learned that the cleaner we eat, the better! Eating the proper foods is essential to losing weight and keeping it off and of course being healthy. I literally owe my life to Weight Watchers.....

In the past couple years, with menopause, thyroid issues and unsightly belly fat...I have been looking to jump start my metabolism again....I've developed some stomach issues and GI issues that have me being a slave to my mornings (if you get my drift) I'm sure it's either Gluten or dairy.....and the Dr said the only way to find out is to give them up for an extended period of time and then re-introduce them....yikes...I already know that being healthy doesn't come by way of a magic pill, powder or potion. Unless of course,  I want to have them jockey with Thyroid meds for the next several months. Or I was told to figure it out dietary.

So I started to examine HOW I eat and WHAT I eat....since we all know, not all calories are created equal. In addition, I started to really LOOK at and READ what was in the food I ate....did you ever wonder how so many foods we eat, stay fresh for so long? Well, it's not rocket science Mildred! Preservatives, additives, and things I can't even pronnounce! Kind of started freaking me out. No wonder I have tummy turbulence! 


I was eating a lot of "go to" processed foods.....LOVE cheese and eat as much as I can while sticking to my daily PP target....and carbs....well, I don't do too bad with them but too many processed carbs.... SO, I had been hearing about "eating clean" and decided, what the heck....do it for 30 days! So my pledge is....

For 30 days, I will eat nothing that is in a box, can or jar (unless it's totally organic and has NO inert ingredients) I will eat no dairy or grains and give up wine as well (and the world gasped!) That's right! I'm "Cleaning up my act!" 30 days....veggies, fruits, lean protein and good fats.....that's it!

In addition to "cleaning up my act" I joined CrossFit too. It has been awesome....it's kicking my butt but LOVE the program and the group support! I am the "fluffiest" girl at the gym, but they now know what my determination level is. Look out, I'm going from fluffy to FIRM!

This blog will help me stay accountable, be true. It will help me track my thoughts, tips and challenges as well as successes.... So stay tuned......it's going to be a great ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment