Sunday, August 11, 2013

Is it Fall yet?

I know that when August hits, my favorite time of year is right around the corner....Fall.....I love, love, love Fall....it's probably my favorite season followed by Spring....we don't really have Winter here in NO CA, so it's kinf of 3 seasons.....Winter is just colder than Fall and Spring....

Fall, gets me in that mood that brings out cooking more and getting ready to break out the crock pot....now that I've banished processed foods and grains and most dairy it'll be a Fall of reckoning! I'm looking forward to new recipes and continuing my healthy way of life.

Today I roasted a ton of veggies I bought yesterday. I know if I clean and prep my veggies and meat eating clean during the week is a snap! That's when the "failure" of clean eating happens, is when we're not prepared. Then we stand in front of the fridge on a hard weekday evening and say, "what is there to eat?"

So, now in my fridge, I have roasted sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and butternut squash. I have a roasted chicken as well and my salad dressing is made. And now I know in a jiffy I can whip up a salad for lunch or a quick nutritous dinner.

I also want to mention that roasted veggies are a GREAT snack too...I eat them just in their roasted state, but one thing I like to do is .with my home made salad dressing I take raw or roasted cauliflower and put it in a plastic or tupperware container. I add just a little Italian or whatever vinegarette you have on hand....shake it up and it's a great low fat snack that is very filling. You can do this with any veggie too. I'm not a big raw carrot freak, but can snack on roaasted carrots any day....

So, I am practicing for the Fall......it's right around the corner.....are you ready too?

No comments:

Post a Comment