Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hello again

Happy Sunday to you!

OK, so I'm over a month into Clean & Natural eating....I've had a little cheese now and a tiny bit of grains and I didn't die but here is what I did notice.......you can really TASTE food, especially anything processed.

Last night at a friends they had served some rice. It was one of those packaged rice dishes that you pop in the micro for a couple minutes and WaLa, rice is served.....so needless to say the ingredients list was probably lengthy.....So while I did not serve myself up a helping I did grab a little bite. Wow, I could taste it boldly.....sodium was the strongest flavor but it had an "unclean" flavor to it....can't describe it but really but just kind of a "fake" flavor.....

So I validated that even though I might dabble in a grain or dairy product now and then, it will need to be clean and natural....and avoiding processed or manufactured food is something I will stick with.....I've found it isn't that hard to do and the healthy benefits will outweigh any craving or desire I have.....

Next phase is to convert to all grass fed and range free meats and go all organic, which I haven't done.....so a step at a time and it'll all come together! Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment