Friday, July 12, 2013

Chicken Salad with no mayo....really?

Really! It was good too....I used butter lettuce as my eating vessel. I am always up for a challenge. And taking any food, recipe or meal and revamping it Paleo is kind of fun.....here is what I made for lunch....

Chicken Salad

3 oz cooked chopped chicken breast
1/2 stalk chopped celery
1/4 chopped red bell pepper
1 boiled egg, chopped
1/4 avocado
a splash of my homeade lemon vinegarette
salt, pepper and dill weed
I'd put chopped dill pickles in it next time but didn't have any

Mix it all together and place in lettuce cups and chow down!

Sometime this weekend I will tackle homemade mayo.....but honestly since I'm not eating sandwiches, I have no need for mayo right now....avocado makes a great, creamy binder in my opinion. I also like to use Endive as eating vessels too....

BonAppetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment