Wednesday, July 10, 2013

So you're really sticking with this huh?

This is something someone said the other day, "So your'e really sticking with this huh?" Yeah, I really am. 17 days in now and I can't shout it from the rooftops loud enough....I FEEL FANTASTIC! I read about those who really struggle with weaning themselves off grains, sugars or dairy and while I miss cheese the most, I really haven't had the headaches, dizziness, etc., that some have experienced while their bodies get used to the transition.

As I've said before though, because I'm also a Weight Watchers junkie, I ate really good anyhow....so the big thing for me was was just an amped up "Simply Filling" plan. I'm averaging between 22 and 26 WW Points Plus values per day, which is in line with where I need to be.

I'm dropping weight but am not centering my success on that....(7 lbs now) as much as finding that my stomach & GI issues have cleared up....Bye Bye IBS! In addition to that, I can't beleive myself how well I'm sleeping! Like a teenager! And of course then there is the endless energy I am experiencing....this is primarily because my insulin levels aren't lowering and spiking during the day any longer.....they reamain more even throughout the day....seems simple enough....I wished it hadn't taken me so long to discover it....

I LOVE the challenge of going to the grocery store now and looking for a jarred or bottled product with just those coveted one or two organic ingedients.....there aren't many of them....but you can find them if you spend the time to look. If you center your search around the Gluten free and/or organic products it's easier to zone in on them.

Not everything I buy is natural, organic, range free, pastured or grass fed, but every week it is moving more and more that way.....I'm taking this in phases....when you start talking to people who eat Paleo, clean and natural, you'll be surprised at how many tips, tricks and sources you'll discover.

It's going to be a great day! Enjoy it.....ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment