Friday, July 5, 2013

Holidays and eating clean

So yesterday was the 4th of July and I navigated through the buffet like a champ! Of course it helps that so many people are like minded and bring healthy dishes....and I know what NOT to eat, right? I brought a medly of mixed stir fried veggies with a nice balsamic sauce that I knew me and my "challenge" friends could eat.....my plate looked like it should.....lean protien, salad, veggies and fruit.

I have to say, I missed being able to eat the healthy spring rolls that were there, but the crackers, bread, etc....didn't call to me at all.....I missed having wine, but all in all....nothing made me do the "mind over matter" chant in my head.

I asked my other friends doing this challenge with me if they were carving or missing anything and they both said sugar.....they both ate a lot of sweets prior to the challenge but I didn't.....I am surprised I am not really craving anything like my trainers said I would.....but I ate pretty healthy before...but cheese is one thing I do miss....that creamy goodness that is SO great on eggs, etc....but like anything else, I'm just telling myself that 30 days to better health is worth it.....

Two weeks in and my digestion, stomach, GI issues are almost a thing of the past...pretty cool huh?? My energy level is much better....and I have almost no hip pain at night when I sleep anymore and don't wake up achy.... That's enough evidence to me to stick it out.....Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment