Monday, July 15, 2013

Mexican food without the chips?

This was a tough one....I'll admit....and had I not been in the midst of the "challenge" I'd have used a cheat on those tasty corn chips....LOL.....but none the less, I passed on my first Mexican food dining out experience.

I simply sliced up carrots put them in a snack bag and did carrot chips and salsa.....and it wasn't bad....then I ordered and split combo Fajitas with a frined and told them to hold the sour cream and tortillas....Whala! A perfect Paelo dining out experience.....

Dining out is easy but it's the Mexican and Italian that are the tough ones because of chips and salsa and then of course at Italian, it's the wonderful bread and oil they set in front of  you that is hard....but I want this worse than giving in to temptation!

Made mayo yesterday! I have to say, it was SO easy....then my friend and I tasted it and as much as I would make adjustments to it, it was kind of bland...so I went to the fridge and poulled out a jar of Best Foods I had in there and thought, what flavors am I missing?

Yuuuuuuccckkk.....first, it had every BAD oil listed along with additives and preservatives up the wazoo! But one thing that was listed that surprised me was sugar! In mayo? So you see, that added refined crap is everywhere......siiiggghhhhh......So part of going totally clean and natural is learning to taste food in it's REAL state....and many times it'll be the first time I've ever done that....SUGAR is everywhere......start reading your labels.....you'll find it in things you least expected it..

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment