Sunday, July 7, 2013

Paleo Meatloaf

I LOVE meatloaf.....and so I wanted to try my hand at a cleaned up version....

This is one of those recipes that I made and said, "It's a keeper!" This is a "clean" version of a meatloaf you'd find in most recipe books......it's tasty and made a pretty good sized loaf

Ingedients

Approx 1 pound of grass fed ground lean beef
1 med sized boiled red potato - mashed (for binding)
1 cage free egg
approx 1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms, squash and onion
1/4 cup of organic marinara sauce or homemade (I used my clean homemade version)
garlic salt and pepper to taste

Saute the veggies in a tad bit of EVOO
Mix all ingedients in a mixing bowl, leaving the egg for last after the mixing cools down the veggies so you don't cook the egg....mix well.
Form into a loaf in a pan sprayed with oil (easy cleanup)
Bake at 350 for approx 40-50 minutes, until no pink is left
At the end you could put more marinara on top and broil quickly to have that coating we know and love

Serve immediatley if eating right then, but I let it cool and sliced it up to use during the week for different recipes and meals.....

I plan on making Paleo mayo and having a lettuce wrap....I LOVE meatloaf sammies!

Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment