Sunday, July 21, 2013

Medicine or Mayhem?

"The food we eat can either be the safest and most powerful form of medicine OR the slowest form of poison!"

Powerful words, aren't they? In the past several weeks I have read so many articles, websites and asked a ton of questions about eating clean, Paleo, Organics, supplements, etc....and I've learned a ton of really great things! You could ask, "how do you know what you're reading is right?" Well, I can't confirm everythign I read, just like I can't confirm all I say, do or how I live....BUT it's that little intuition in the back of my head that says, this is good.....

When we're about to do something wrong, our conscience lets us know....right? It's no different with what I'm doing. I ask myself, is it wrong to eat fresh veggies, lean protiens, fruit, and healthy oils? NO it's not..... "Is it wrong to give up foods with ingredients I can't pronounce?" NO it's not...."Is it wrong to workout and/or walk 4 or 5 days a week?" NO it's not.

So,  I have almost finished my 30 day challenge. Next Tuesday is the last day.....but would it be wrong to just keep going? NO it wouldn't be. I have found that I can keep eating clean and natural and make a choice to not eat additives or preservitives any longer. I do not need refined sugar in my life...nor do I require grains or dairy....I do require food to live and to fuel my body, but I have decided that it's up to me what choices I make as to what foods I use for that purpose.

I beleive in my heart that everything I've done up to this point in my life, has led me to make this choice. The choice to rid my body of toxins, and become a healthier person both inside and out. I choose to make food a safe and pwerful form of medicine! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment